As well as calibrating our own instruments, we offer a Laser Calibration Service for instruments by other manufacturers. These instruments might measure the mean laser power, pulsed laser energy, pulsed peak power, peak power density etc. Calibrations are available for both CW lasers and pulsed lasers . We can normally match your wavelength exactly for a CW calibration and fairly closely for a pulsed calibration.
Typically, we achieve a turn round time of 3 to 5 days. However, it may be more for instruments from overseas because of the time for import/export bureaucracy.
Other calibrations we offer include:-
- Electronic Calibrations - amplifiers, pulse generators, boxcar integrators, 50 Ohm coaxial attenuators
- Optical Calibrations - alignment of autocollimators, optical density of safety goggles, transmission of filters (narrow band and broad band)
The list below gives a sample of our standard capabilities. We also do many special calibrations, so please enquire if the exact service you need is not listed.
|Calorimeter||Broadband Pulsed||Sensitivity to pulsed laser||£400|
|Disc Thermopile||Broadband CW power||Sensitivity to total beam power or power density||£360|
|Laser Power meter||Broadband thermal||Measure Sensitivity + Linearity of Detector + Linearity of Electronics||£360-470|
|Laser Power meter||Photo-diode type||Sens. + Linearity + Spectral response||£330-470|
|Photo-diode||Large area type||Sens. (pulsed or CW) + Spectral response||£360-470|
|Pulsed Laser Energy Head||Photo-diode or Pyro-electric||Sensitivity at one or more λ.||£420-590|
|Pulsed Laser Power Head||Photo-diode||Sensitivity at your λ. Power range from nW-W||£470|
|Peak Power Measuring Head||Photo-diode||Sensitivity at your λ. Power range:- a few W||£470|
|UV exposure meter||(Eg ILC Light bug for UV Cured epoxies)||£550|
|Laser Beam Profilers||Pulsed and CW||Sens. variations across array + absolute sensitivity||£500|
|Amplifiers||Measure gain, bandwidth and rise time up to 300MHz||£250|
|Auto-collimators||Measure and adjust optical axis to be within 50µrad of mechanical axis.||£350|
|Safety Goggles||Measure Optical Density up to OD = 8. Most λ||£360-450|
Each Certificate gives details of:
- The calibration method and precautions taken.
- The Absolute Accuracy and traceability of the calibration. Typically this is between ± 1.5% and ± 3.5% depending on the number of stages. The traceability is to the National Physical Laboratory at Teddington, UK whose standards of CW Power and Pulsed Laser Energy we use.
- Comments on the relevance of the calibration to the intended use of the Instrument. For example a calibration might be done at low power CW when the end use is at high pulsed power; in this case we would estimate the possible extra errors in changing the power level.
- Expiry of calibration. Taking into account the type and design of Instrument, we suggest a sensible period for this particular calibration to remain valid - given normal Laboratory conditions and normal care.
- Please see the separate web page on how we achieve our claimed Calibration Accuracy for Peak Power Meters.