Fast, Screened Amplifiers
- 50Ω Input and Output impedances
- Battery Power and Full Screening reduce pick-up from noisy lasers
- Internal regulation gives constant performance as battery runs down
- 1.9ns Rise time at x10. Noise = 30ÁV RMS
- 3.6ns Rise time at x100. Noise = 30ÁV RMS
- 0.7ns Rise time at x3.1 Noise = 35ÁV RMS
These Amplifiers were originally designed specially for Photon-Drag Detectors for CO2 TEA Lasers, but can, of course, be used for any general purpose amplification requirement. They have been carefully designed to eliminate noise from all sources and are mounted in an ultra screened box thus minimising pick up from the laser HV discharge or from transients from the AC mains supply.
The battery state is monitored continuously and on board regulation ensures that the performance remains constant as it discharges. Any reflections back from the oscilloscope are absorbed because the amplifiers are reverse terminated (that is, the output impedance is exactly 50Ω).
|Gain||X 3.1||X 10||X 100|
|Freq. Band||6kHz - 240MHz||6kHz - 140MHz||12kHz - 70MHz|
|Output Swing||+500mV,-500mV||+160mV, -90mV||-150mV, +50mV|
|Input Noise (RMS)||<35µV||<30µV||<30µV|
|Batteries||2x PP3 (9V)||2x PP3 (9V)||2x PP3 (9V)|
Ultra Low Noise Amplifiers
- DC - 2Hz. Gain =100.0 ▒0.1%. Noise = 40nV RMS
- DC - 10Hz. Gain =100.0 ▒0.1%. Noise = 70nV RMS
These very low noise amplifiers are designed for Thermopiles, Calorimeters etc. Being battery powered they are virtually immune from 50/60Hz pick-up due to earth loops. The battery state is continuously monitored.
Input impedance is 30kΩ. Input bias current 10-20µA.